Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Double Dragon Book Release Party at Balticon 2013

A quick thank you to Micheal A. Ventrella  and Double Dragon Publishing for hosting a book release party at last weekend's Balticon. As an aspiring writer it was inspiring to meet published authors and hear first-hand about publishing and writing in general.

As I mentioned earlier, Double Dragon recently published a collection called A Bard in Hand, edited by Michael, that includes a story written by Bernie Mojzes and yours truly. Here's a picture (courtesy of Kelli Williams) of us signing copies of the book. Yeah - I know - writers writing in books. What can I say? We love to write.

Bernie and I and some of the other authors included in A Bard in Hand spoke about our stories in front of a rapt audience. It may have been the doughnuts and hard boiled eggs that had them enthralled, but take my word for it, they were rapt!

I will talk to you again soon. Right now I am due in the audience chamber of Meddo Malik, King of the Akalarian Tribes, Emperor of Yallum, and Lord of Guatame. He's pretty long winded sometimes, and I am trying to getting him to be more concise in this draft. It ain't easy.


No comments:

Post a Comment